Storytelling and Crafts at the Filipinas Heritage Library

I subscribe to the Filipinas Heritage Library on Facebook and that's where I found out their Storytelling and Crafts activity for kids on July 28, as part of National Children's Book Month.  I am always interested in activities for Neil so we hauled our sleepy selves out of bed on Saturday morning for stories and crafts.


Listening to a story entitled Bong's Day.  I love these giant books!

Getting ready for crafts.

Doing crafts with Daddy.

Finished products!  He wrote his name on the green paper-figure.  Can you read it?  The frog on the bookmark was done by Rich.

We couldn't get Neil to stand with the other kids for the group picture because he wants to look around so here's one with just me.

The Filipinas Heritage Library is a short drive from the condo.  I was not able to explore the whole place because a seminar was being held.  They host many activities like workshops and even allow wedding receptions in the venue.  They sell books and paper products.



Naturally, we took home some books.

I love these notebooks.  They would make great gifts.

Sketches by Jose Rizal.

I will hopefully be back here for the Filipino Reader Conference on August 18.=)

Comments

  1. Nice photo and a perfect place for family bonding. :)

    More info of Filipinas Heritage Library here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats