The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien


Surprisingly easy to read, unlike how I remembered The Lord of the Rings the first time I picked it up.  By easy, I mean it doesn't require intense concentration and you can easily pick up where you left off.  A good thing because I was reading this in between game breaks of the US Open women's finals.  Amazon lists this in the 9-12 yo reading level so that explains it.:)

The Hobbit is the prequel to The Lord of the Rings and is the story of Bilbo Baggins as he helps a troop of dwarves reclaim their treasure and territory from the dragon Smaug.  The object of their adventure is a long way from The Hill where Bilbo lives and on the way they encounter friendly beings and evil creatures alike.  I haven't read anything of this genre for a long time and so it was a refreshing change.  I enjoyed this book immensely.  Just the right appetizer for The Lord of the Rings, which I plan to read after I go through 2 other books I'm currently reading.

Can anyone lend me LOTR?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats