Top Blogging Tools


I started blogging in 2003.  There was a time when I would post in abandon, almost every day.  I've used many platforms and tools but these are the ones I'm using now.

Google products!  I have several blogs on Blogger and it's great because I can manage all of them from just one login screen.  I have a little Adsense incorporated, too.  There's a few dollars there but I hope to leverage it more in the future.  I can also post to the blogs directly from Gmail.  If the posts are short and don't require pictures, that's what I do.  When I'm writing something in draft, I would save it in Google Docs so that I can access them from different computers.

I manage and edit my pictures using Picasa.  I also love Picnik, the online photo editor, for all it's really cool effects I was so happy with last year’s news that it was acquired by Google.  Now, Picnik editing has been integrated into Picasa web albums. Very cool! (Google should pay me for this. :))

The primary laptop that I use is a Dell Vostro 3800, which we acquired (on sale!) during a recent trip to the US. It has a 17-inch screen, and powered by an Intel Core i5 processor (I love Intel, I worked for this company for 8 years). This computer is very fast, and it makes photo and video editing more enjoyable – no more waiting. I am looking forward to posting videos soon.


For pictures and videos, I use a Canon 500D with either the 18-55mm kit lens or the 28-105mm that a friend is lending me indefinitely. Yey for friends! I also have an old point-and-shoot, a Sony DSC-W70, for the times when I’m not carrying the DSLR. It’s old and a little "topakin" but it still works.  And also, the camera on my Nokia 5800 phone. (The Flip has been on my wishlist ever since I read about it on Daphne’s blog. It will be great for documenting my son's antics especially now that he's officially a toddler.  But I wanted to get a faster computer first to easily manage the files. That’s done. Now I'm saving up for one or hoping to win one!)


My broadband provider is Globe because it’s the only one offered in our condo. I have no complaints with the service though.  It's all good.
And last but not the least, good old pen and paper for the times when inspiration strikes and I don’t have a PC with me.  I still like the tactile experience of writing words on paper.  I’m old school that way...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats