The shopping mall close to our house had its first trick or treat activity for the kids. We decided last minute to take Ela and it was fun seeing so many kids (and adults) in costume.
Reading Habits and Book Formats . Where and how do you read? Can you read anywhere and everywhere, or do you need a certain place/mood/state of mind to get reading? Do you read more in the morning or at night or any minute that you can? Where and how do you usually read? Are you exclusively for print, or do you go for ebooks more than print? Have you ever tried audiobooks? I am old school. Even as most books now have digital versions, I still prefer the physical, ink-on-paper variety. I like holding a real book, flipping the pages and being able to see my progress based on the thickness of read/unread pages. Somehow, I feel more engaged and focused reading a physical book vs. from a gadget. I very rarely reread books so most of my collection just sit on the shelf after I'm done with them. I feel it's a waste of precious trees if they are not shared with others. So I started a Google doc at work where the team can list down their collections and anybod...
I found this journal while looking through the notebooks section at Fully-Booked. (Confession: I love notebooks. I like looking at designs, feeling the paper and the unlimited possibilities of what they could be filled with.) Back to the journal, it's called My Future Listography. There's a list topic that you can fill in on every page. The topics are interesting, fun and thought-provoking. I like making lists so I was immediately drawn to this format. They come with cute artwork, too. Really nice! Here are a few pages I snapped with my camera phone (low-res). I, however, did not buy it. I thought it might be a good exercise to think of my own lists and create my own artwork to go with it. Work in progress. Here's Listography on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/My-Future-Listography-Hope-Lists/dp/0811878368/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b
Employment vs. entrepreneurship . I think at some point, everyone thinks about whether to do one or the other. A common Filipino aspiration is "magkaroon ng sariling negosyo," at least from the features we see on TV. Think about it, if you hear, "maging empleyado" vs. "magkaroon ng negosyo," it does seem like the latter is the loftier goal. To clarify, I am not to undermining employment. I have worked for multinational companies since graduating from college and I know how stressful and difficult it can get. Employment has its perks, for sure. Steady income, and layers of 'protection' that keep you from immediate impact of market fluctuations, a structured environment, processes, etc. Even so, I still admire people who risked starting their own businesses and have successful ventures. What drives one to go for it? I have thought about the lures of entrepreneurship these past few days because I was exposed to them to a small degree. I...
Comments
Post a Comment