NBI Clearance

I needed to get an NBI Clearance and like all government-related tasks that I have to do, I checked online.  I found that there's an office in Imus which was good because I don't have to make the trip to Manila.  I posted a question in Facebook, if other people have tried it and what I should do.  The replies were disheartening.  They suggest that I should go before 6AM and be prepared to wait until lunch to receive the clearance.  :(  One said I could do it in the afternoon and get it in 30 minutes but we have another appointment so we decided to get it from Manila instead.

We left the house around 8AM, but traffic in SLEX Alabang area was punishing!  We were stuck in the area for more than 40 minutes.  The rest of the way was slow-moving.  We were at NBI Taft around 11AM but were told that the clearance application is done in Carriedo.  But guess what, some of the guys in the counter called out to us and offered that it can be done rush, through them, for P550.  I know it's should only be P115.  Fixer alert!

We drove to Carriedo but there was nowhere (safe) to park. :( Since it was almost 12noon, we just decided to have lunch first and get the clearace at QC.  Palayo nang palayo!  We were at NBI 12:30PM.  Processing was ongoing even when it was lunch time.  Payment, fingerprinting, and data entry all took less than 30 minutes.  Then we queued for releasing for about an hour.  Not bad.  We were out of there by 2PM and made it to our appointment in Makati by 3PM.

All's well that ends well.

Comments

  1. Tanong ko lang po kng open po sa sunday ung NBI sa Robinson imus? Reply asap

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats