Happy birthday, Mommy!


Happy birthday, Mommy!
We love you very much. =)


The topic in church 2 weeks ago was on compassion.  After hearing that preaching, I thought about my parents and how they embody compassion.  They have helped people in many ways.  We've had so many working students live with us over the years, that my parents have supported through hich school and college. 

Now they're very involved in this seaside community in Iligan.  Papang owns a fishing boat that someone uses for livelihood and Mommy regularly meets with the women for Bible study.  They know many of the families, having spent time with them for years.  It is not giving that ends with material things but also investing time to build relationships with the families.  We shared some food with them after Christmas last year and I saw how close the families are to my parents...


Papang and Mommy -- the best examples of generosity, compassion and just plain being good people.  I am blessed to have them as my parents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats