Updates

Hellooo!

I haven't found a good, consistent time to write and update this blog.  I am back to daytime work which means evenings are the only time I can post.  It has not been happening because of... TV.=) I've been watching Love It Or List It, Flip or Flop and Property Brothers on HGTV, Treehouse Masters on Animal Planet, Criminal Minds. They show one episode after another and before I know it, it's late.:S  But I'm starting to get my act together.

Some updates.

We're still in the corporate apartment.  Even though we have found a rental unit (second one because there were "creature" issues with the first unit we chose), the furniture will be delivered only on Friday so we have to wait a few more days before we can finally move.  I anticipate a very busy weekend ahead. We are ready for you, Ikea!

We're also still renting a car and might need to extend it until mid-July.  There's a lot of dependency to buying a car here.  We need GA driver's license (Rich's test scheduled for July 11), which required a permanent address (so we had to find an apartment first), which required social security registration.  We haven't decided if we're buying a new or used car. Frankly these kinds of decisions are stressful for me so it's a good thing Rich is really into the process.  I leave it up to him.=)

Neil is taking swimming lessons on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  We also enrolled him to summer camp junior sports 2 weeks ago, which was for the whole day.  I did not see any of his camp activities but Rich took some pictures.

Eating lunch with the other kids

This week, Rich is taking care of enrollment prerequisites.  Yesterday they went to a clinic for vision and hearing test, and validation of immunization records.  Today they went to the international center for English proficiency test.  He will be admitted to Grade 1 in August.

I celebrated my birthday last week!  I went to work, had lunch with Rich and Neil at home, then dinner with Sally and Anne (who dropped by my cube in the morning).  I was also greeted by my colleagues in the office, and more greetings from family and friends online.  It was a good day.

This is a year of transition for our family.  We're not fully settled yet but doing what needs to be done one day at a time.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” - Joshua 1:9

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats