Workflow Matters

One key challenge that has prevented me from posting is workflow related to pictures. A few years ago, I had a really good one. I used Picasa desktop version to edit, direct upload to Google photos, and then linked the photos in Blogger. It was streamlined and easy, and the main reason I stayed with Blogger when most people have moved to Wordpress or some new, sexier platforms.

A few things that broke this workflow:

  • Picasa has been discontinued by Google and there is no comparable option. It was free, easy to use and had very useful features. Most editing software now have fees/subscriptions.
  • Taking more photos using my phone vs. the digital camera. I had a very organized folder structure for pictures taken with the digicam and they're saved in the laptop + external drive. Ideally I want phone photos from the same event or dates to be in one folder, but I haven't figured out a way to efficiently do this.
  • I transitioned to a MacBook last year and now have to deal with the quirks of the Photos app. I.e. you have to import pictures from local folder to Photos in order to edit them, then export back to the folder so it can be accessed for transfer online. Such a pain and creates duplicates. Also, iPhone photos are in the heic format and not compatible with most services so you have no choice but to export.
I just downloaded a new photo editing app and will be testing it in then next few days. I hope it simplifies my workflow. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats