Las Vegas February 2012

On February 25, I went on my 9th trip to the US (yes, I keep track).  The destination was Las Vegas for team meetings.  I have only been to LV once before, many, many years ago.  Although it's really not my kind if city, I was still excited because Nang Lani was joining me on the first weekend.=)

Narita Airport

Portland Airport

Finally, Las Vegas!

Home for the week. The Palazzo along The Strip.

Reunited!

We arrived around lunch time and already had plans for the rest of the day.  We walked from The Palazzo to The Bellagio to try their famous buffet.  The line was long and we wanted to bail but decided that since we were already there, we might as well put up with the queue.  I think it took around 45 minutes before we got seats.


For me, no visit to Las Vegas is complete without the Bellagio fountains.

We made our way back to the hotel after dinner.=)

Day 2, Nang Lani and I did more walking along the Strip.  The goal for the day was to check out the M&Ms Store and the Coca-Cola Store, but not before a hearty breakfast at Johnny Rocketts and a few pictures at The Venetian.


It was a hot day in LV, but that works better for me! Tropics all the way.=) 

Finally, Coke and M&Ms.


And we walked the long way back to the hotel.  To cap off the day, we had dinner at Lagasse Stadium.  Emeril's resto and I ordered the famous Bam'wich.  Bonus, it was a sports themed restaurant but I was glad they were showing the Oscars and not the NBA All-Star game.



But wait, there's more! Later in the evening, we went to Fremont Street for the light and sounds show.

Day 3. Nang Lani and I started the day with breakfast at the Grand Lux Cafe.

Nang Lani left for San Diego and I spent the rest of the day with officemates and their friends.  We went to The Stratosphere for an elevated view of Las Vegas.


This is the end of my Las Vegas pictures.  My point-and-shoot ran out of battery (left the charger in Manila), I did not bring my DSLR on this trip and the camera that I was supposed to test for Em had a measly 16MB inside.  But I was ok with it.  I somehow do not feel so inclined to take pictures of everything.  The tides have turned...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats