Hello 2010!

Since I haven’t updated in quite a while (understatement!), let me greet all of you a (very) belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Since the start of the year, I’ve read 4 books.  Good progress in terms of reading. :)  However, let me qualify that the list includes one which I started last year and another one which I started years ago.

Here’s the list:
"The Road to Cana" by Anne Rice – This is the second book in Rice’s Christ the Lord series.  This is all about the adult Jesus Christ on the way to fulfilling the prophecies as Messiah.  He was already a carpenter at this time.  The story includes the baptism by John, the temptation in the desert and ends with his first miracle during the wedding in Cana.



"What the Dog Saw and Other Adventures" by Malcolm Gladwell – A collection of Gladwell’s writings published in the new York Times.  Interesting topics.  This is the book I started reading late last year.  Because there are different topics, I found that I couldn’t get similar traction as the other Gladwell books.  I read the earlier 3 books and this is probably my least favorite.




"Leadership 101" by John Maxwell – Short and sweet. :)  I read this book because I ran out of reading material in the house but still, it was good.  Leadership takes work and this presents what needs to be done by anyone who wishes to have or improve on this very important quality.




"The Bible" – I read the whole book, cover to cover, as of January 2, 2010.  I am a Christian and I’ve been reading the Bible for years.  In 2008, I decided to follow a reading plan to read the whole book in one year.  It took me two years and two days to do it.  Now I am rereading the Bible again following a chronological guide.




I am currently reading "The Five Dysfunctions of a Team" by Patrick Lenceoni because is what's available in the house.

Do you have any recommendations?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats