Gym Day

I hit the gym this morning.  I was up at 5:30AM, couldn’t go back to sleep so I decided to go.  But before that, I read the Bible and had a little to eat.  All this time I was psyching myself about going.  For the record, I don’t enjoy it very much (at all?)  but I do know it’s important and it will be good for me.  So the adult thing to do is to JUST DO IT!

I convinced DH to come with me (misery loves company? :)).  We were there at 7:15AM and stayed for about an hour.  For cardio, I used the elliptical machine and set it for 20 minutes.  A very long 20 minutes.  I was looking at the display counting down the time, while huffing and puffing because I was out of shape.  Then I did some weight exercises on my legs and arms, and also worked my abs

On Friday, DH and I have an appointment with the gym guy who will create programs for us.  That will put more structure into my routine and probably help me see results faster.  See, since we started going to the gym last year, my weight is still the same and I don’t notice any change. :(  This is one reason why exercising feels like a chore...


I hope a routine will accelerate my progress.  I want to tone my muscles and just feel healthier overall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats