Running and Badminton

Ok, I may have misrepresented myself in the last post when I said I hate exercise.  That’s not entirely true.  Back in college, I used to jog around the UP Academic Oval several times a week.  Mornings, evenings, rain or shine.  I was probably at my best shape then.  I think the environment had a lot to do with it.  I just love jogging around UP.  Running on the treadmill is just not the same….

When I started working, badminton was my exercise of choice.  I would play at least twice a week (after work) and for at least 3 hours.  With rest, of course.  I joined dual meets against other companies, inter-department tournaments, and have (ahem) a few medals to show for it.  I love badminton!

All of that had to stop when I got pregnant and after I had DS.  After work, the first thing I want to do was go home to the baby.  And so all the exercise had to take a back seat.  DS is 18 months old now and here I am, starting an exercise regimen once again.  I hope I can jog around UP again or play badminton, but for the meantime, the gym will have to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats