Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

I'm ashamed to say that I've just read this classic.  What did I do all these years that I did not manage to pick up this book?  OA. :)  Anyway, I was inspired by the Tim Burton movie (to be released next month) that I searched for this in Project Gutenberg.  I downloaded the e-book and read within a day.  Light reading and yet very enjoyable, even for someone my age.  Haha!  It's never too late, folks.

I subscribe to Vanity Fair on Google Reader and one article yesterday was on the movie Alice in Wonderland.  I just found out that this is not actually an adaptation of the book, but rather a sequel where Alice returns to Wonderland as an adult.  (Here's the interview with the writer.)  Interesting!  I think the folks that expect an adaptation might be disappointed but those who know (like us!) will be more receptive. I am looking forward to the movie.  I hope I get to watch it. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats