Reflections

Reflections.  I am adding this topic to this blog and it will be my notes from church service or daily Bible reading.  It will be my way of reviewing the lessons and also sharing them. :)

I Wanna Know What Love Is

The main verse from last Saturday's preaching was John 13:34.  It says:

    "A new command I give you: Love one another.  As I have loved you, so you must love one another."

Today, we have so many definitions of love.  Some of them silly, smart, serious, funny, etc.  This one I remember from when I was very young "Love is like a bubble gum, kung mopilit, makabuang."  Yup, Bisaya. :) Translation of the second part "pag dumikit, nakakabaliw."  And so many others...  Mostly, they are focused on LOVE the noun, LOVE the feeling.

Here we are reminded of the other facet of the word LOVE, which is as a verb.  Jesus said, "love one another."  In fact, this is not optional.  It is a command.  Utos.  Sugo.  It is of course easy to do for some people, but how about the unlovables in our lives?  They are part of the command, too.  There are no qualifications nor conditions.  "As I have loved you" is the standard.  As Jesus loved us.  If Jesus died for all sinners out of love, how dare we not love others?  By the grace of God, we can love.

The preaching is by Pastor Janssen Morados, delivered on February 13, 2010 at Victory Christian Fellowship - Alabang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats