Keeping Up in High Heels

Keeping Up in High Heels is a Victory LifeBiz seminar for balancing career, family, etc.  It was held at the Every Nation building last Saturday, January 22, 2010.  I had planned to attend this seminar ever since I first found out about it.  


Saturday morning, we had to go to Cavite to check out the property.  The renter has left and we wanted to see the condition of the house.  It was well taken care of, except for the front yard with the overgrown weeds.  We visited friends Ian and Au and had lunch in their house.  It was past 6PM when we got back to the condo, and by this time, I was so tired.  I could easily have called off attending the seminar, but I'm so glad I didn't. =)


There were great testimonies, stories and tips from the 3 speakers - Donita Rose, Marily Orosa and Rachel Ong.  I was inspired, encouraged and motivated by these women of God.  And got a few laughs, too.


What I will remember most from Rachel's talk are faith and obedience to God, even if it doesn't make sense.  She has a lot of testimonies about this, and how God has been faithful to bless after she obeyed fully.  She also shared that in her company, they devote Monday mornings to prayer.  It's unconventional practice, for sure, but she has found that by doing this, all of the tasks for the week goes smoothly even what they thought of as difficult ones.  Truly the Bible in practice.


I hope to remember the lessons from this night for a very long time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats