The Hobbit

I finally got to watch The Hobbit 2 Saturdays ago.  Our friends Caloy&Charm and family dropped by the condo for lunch and we spontaneously decided to watch the movie later that night.  I bought tickets on Sureseats then claimed them after Neil's yoga class.


I loved The Lord of the Rings series so I have been looking forward to this movie.  I read the book last year and I was really curious about how Peter Jackson can stretch the book into a trilogy.  But the first part has been great.  It's ~3 hours but it doesn't feel long at all.  Peter Jackson has a lot more time to show backstories that were not in the book but would enhance the audience's understanding and appreciation of this universe that J.R.R. Tolkien created.  I love it!  How long til the next one?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats