Halfway Point!

I'm halfway through this week-long business trip.  I am flying home on Saturday and will be home by Sunday.  Confession time.  I am always nervous when entering this country.  The interview with the immigration officer always gets to me.  It doesn't matter how many times I've done it, or that it's all proper and lawful but I just get nervous.  I play Q&As in my head.  My heart races, my hands get cold.  I go through the interview and everything is fine.  And I wonder what I was so worried about.

I prayed for favor.  I was asked one question and the officer told me he hopes that the weather would be great for the week and that I enjoy my stay.  I picked up my luggage, took a cab to the hotel and everything was in order.  Prayer works.  

I just find that I am more relaxed on this trip, even if I was traveling alone.  Familiarity plays a part.  I have been here 5 times, have stayed in this hotel previously, know the people at the office, know what time the shuttle leaves, etc.  I am glad that everything has been going well.

What's the point of this post?  That even though I was not so keen on leaving family, God gave me blessings of ease to make everything better.  And I know not a lot of people get this opportunity and I am thankful.=)

Two days to go!

Comments

  1. sa bisaya pa, salamat sa Diyos :-) see you soon Ats! amping dira, labs! :-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be there before you know it!=)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats