My Friday Thing

Hello! Hello!

I have a lot of things to post about but have not gotten around to it because of other things.  But today, while waiting or my connecting flight at the Korean Air Lounge in Incheon (on the way to Atlanta), I have decided to talk about my Victory Group.  Yes, I said my because the two sessions so far has made me feel that I can really grow with this great group of couples (with a few singles in the mix).

This is not thr first VG I've tried.  I had an almost regular group while we were still attending VCF Alabang and that was great, too.  I also attended 2 sessions with another person while already with VCF Fort but that did not work out.  For a while I felt bad about declining (politely) being part of that group but I really still wanted to join one. 

During the Kids Church new volunteers' orientation, I sat beside L and we started talking.  She invited me to join her VG.  They meet in Makati on Fridays.  The schedule and location really works for me.  God orchestrated this meeting so I get another opportunity to be part of a VG.=)

I went to my first meeting with them 3 weeks ago, which I really enjoyed.  It's great to get into a discussion of Jesus, biblical principles and life applications.  It's strange how one can share very personal things to strangers but feel very safe about it because they are also believers who will stand with you and pray with you.  And before you start thinking that this is a serious meeting, let me just say that there is a lot of laughter around the table.  People have struggles, sure.  I know some of them have very challenging circumstances and people cry sometimes but being in a supportive group that uplifts you and prays with you and reminds you of God's promises is really good for the soul.

Richard joined for the first time last night.  He met me at the office and we were in separate tables.  Him with the guys and I was with the ladies.  Of course.=)  I'm really thankful that we're finally in a VG.

Thank you, God!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats