Team Dinner and Good Thoughts

The highlight of Feb. 28, 2013 is dinner at Eclipse di Luna.  It's not the food nor the place but the people that made this a good meal.  We were 6 at the table, all from different parts of the world.  USA, India, Taiwan, Kore, China and Philippines represented!  This season in human history is amazing simply because this kind of interaction is possible.

The team here don't usually go out but because everyone's always busy but Clint sent the invitation because I was in town and there were a few other things to celebrate as well -- 1st year anniversary with the company and a belated welcome dinner.  This is not everyone though.  Our director is in China and another colleague went on vacation to Korea.

We went around the table doing detailed personal introductions.  Someone initiated a "let's hear your story" conversation so we informally  went around the table talking about family, education, work history, hobbies, etc.  I learned new and interesting facts about everyone and got a better grasp of their personalities.  Good stuff!  

And I realized, nationalities aside, this is a really great group of people - smart and nice and cool.  

Coming from Intel and hearing the feedback of who switched companies, I just did not expect too much.  I knew I wanted to keep doing OR but was ready to change my line of work depending on what's available.  It was perfect timing that this company was looking for the first OR person based in Manila.  So I jumped in and it has been a great 3.25 years and counting... When a good thing ends, it doesn't mean that what comes next will be worse.  We just need to keep an open mind, give new things a chance, and do our best.  God's plan is always better.

Circling back, I consider this dinner to be one of the best moments not just for the day but for the whole trip because it made me appreciate that I have a good thing going here. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats