Wicked in Manila

Richard and I watched Wicked at the CCP last Sunday, also with Charm and Eli.  This run was announced last year and was highly anticipated by many.  I love watching plays and wanted to see this one but it was more expensive that what we were used to paying.  Siyempre, compared to locally-produced plays.  I am usually more eager about these things than Rich so I was resigned to not watching it.  I came home from work a few weeks back and Rich said he had the seats and dates figured out.  So we got tickets and watched the show on the last day, March 9.=)

We were seated on the left side, lower box, which was close enough to the stage to see the actors' facial expressions.  The actors had amazing voices!  I have heard the songs sung by the original Broadway cast and this was even better because I was watching it live as well.

Thank you, Rich!


Great seats!

Charm and Eli

Bumped into Aggy!

We prepared to watch Wicked by buying the album on iTunes and a DVD of The Wizard of Oz, the original one released in 1939 with Judy Garland as Dorothy.  It made us enjoy the play more because we understood the background of the story and are familiar with some of the songs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats