Banned from Carrying Neil

I have been banned from carrying Neil, at least for the next five days. Doctor's order.

Yesterday when I stooped down to get fresh bedsheets and pillows from the cabinet, I suddenly felt a jolt of pain in my lower back.  The striking pain immediately subsided but for the rest of the day, my back hurt whenever I rise up from sitting or lying position.  Still, it wasn't so bad and I did not have to take any pain medication.

I actually felt better when I woke up this morning.  There was just very little pain when I shift positions.  Not as bad as yesterday though.  I did all my usual activities, including carrying Neil several times.  Then late in the morning when I stooped down to pick baby up from the crib, I felt the same painful jolt.  That was when I thought that this could be serious.

We went to see the doctor to have my back checked.  He made me do a few exercises to determine where the pain was.  He suspects it's muscular strain and advised that I put hot compress on my back for the next 5 days, and also refrain from carrying Neil.  I will comply and will surrender the baby carrying duties to Richard and our helper for the meantime.  

I pray it gets better soon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats