House Life


It has been more than 4 months since I was separated from Intel and became a full-time stay-at-home-mom. My life right now is a world of difference from the 7-to-4 workdays of the last 8+ years.
I very rarely leave the house nowadays (just Saturdays for grocery shopping and church), but I guess I'm really a homebody at heart because I enjoy staying at home.

So, how have I been spending my days?

1) Neil time/other baby-related stuff - making baby food, playing with Neil, walking around the neighborhood (though not lately because of the rain), giving him a bath, feeding, etc.
2) Computer time - for keeping in touch with family and friends (chat and webcam). I miss the face-to-face interactions and going online is the easiest means of keeping in touch. Computer time also includes job-hunting, writing/blogging, and the not-so-productive time spent surfing random stuff on the web. Guilty! I try to minimize it though.


3) Household management - budgeting, managing and keeping track of expenses, cash flow planning, menu planning. This also includes training and directing the helper on what and how to do things around the house and with Neil.


4) TV Time - Guilty again! I turn on the TV for Ellen, Pushing Daisies, American Idol, CSI, CNN, Discovery and NatGeo, home makeover shows on Lifestyle, and others... That sounds like a lot now. :( But I use the ad time for reading/writing.


5) Quiet Time - Personal time to read, reflect, plan and pray. And afternoon naps.
I am still able to fill my days with these activities but I am also ready to embark on new things. I keep my options open. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats