Infinitude: Omniscient

VCF's current preaching series is entitled INFINITUDE, which focuses on the infinite qualities of God.  We've covered Immutable, Omniscient and Omnipotent the past 3 weeks and the last topic today was Omnipresent.  This is a rather interesting church month for me.  I wasn't able to attend the preaching on Immutable because our yaya took the day off and I watched Neil.  For Omniscient, we attended at Victory Alabang (our home church), Victory Fort for Omniscient and finally Victory Makati for Omnipresent.  Hehe... This is the advantage of having multiple locations doing the same preaching series.  BUT it's important to stick to one home church and regularly attend there.  We just had out-of-the-ordinary circumstances this month, thus the hopping...

I wasn't able to post my any of my notes so I'm just catching up now.


OMNISCIENT

Main Verse:  Psalm 139:1-4, 13-16
 1 O LORD, you have searched me
       and you know me.
 2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
       you perceive my thoughts from afar.
 3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
       you are familiar with all my ways.
 4 Before a word is on my tongue
       you know it completely, O LORD.
...
 13 For you created my inmost being;
       you knit me together in my mother's womb.
 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
       your works are wonderful,
       I know that full well.
 15 My frame was not hidden from you
       when I was made in the secret place.
       When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
 16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
       All the days ordained for me
       were written in your book
       before one of them came to be.

God knows everything about everything.  The Psalm says 'knit me together in my mother's womb.'  Knitting implies that we were created individually and uniquely (contrast with mass production).

Whenever we are in any crossroad or decision point, we have to trust God because he knows us and knows what's best for us.  Psalm 3:5-6 says "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Main Point: God knows what's best for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats