Intramuros Tour

I had a very out-of-the-ordinary Saturday. :) Em and I joined Carlos Celdran's Intramuros Tour called 'If These Walls Could Talk.'  For free.  I won 2 tickets to the tour as a consolation prize to a contest he ran on his blog.
IMG_6828

I think it was past 11PM when I arrived home from work on Friday.  I slept at 1AM (?), set my alarm for 7AM and woke up at 6AM.  Somebody's excited. :)

Em and I left the house at 8AM.  We took the jeepney to LRT, then LRT from Gil Puyat to Doroteo Jose station.  The info we got from the Internet said we can then take the jeepney going to Quiapo/Pier.  We asked around and found that we have to walk farther to catch the jeep, which they said pass by that area rarely.  Toinks.  Bad info.  As it was already 8:40AM, we just decided to take a taxi to the Manila Cathedral.  We made it, with a few mintues to spare.  Around 9AM, Carlos arrived and we on our way.
Intramuros

The tour started at the Manila Cathedral and ends at the San Agustin Church.  I've never been on a guided walking tour, and I really appreciate the orchestration that went into making the whole the whole thing flow so smoothly including Carlos' props, music, and the commentaries. 
IMG_6726

I learned a lot.  I have a renewed appreciation for Manila and our heritage.  I might visit again one of these days because we didn't have time to really look around and I think Neil will enjoy the kalesa ride.
Intramuros1

Thank you, Carlos!
IMG_6745

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats