The Kitchen is My Friend...(Repeat!)

Two things that really used to stress me out was menu planning and home-cooking.  I did not start doing them when I got married, but only after Neil was born.  Pre-Neil, Richard and I ate out most of the time.  We would typically have breakfast and lunch at the office, then dinner out.  We justify that it's cheaper that way vs. cooking for two.  Plus, dinner was hangout time with friends typically after playing badminton.  When Neil was born, we knew had to step up the home-cooked meals.

We bought a few cookbooks and I started doing the weekly menu and grocery list.  Like I said, this used to be a painful process.  I'd much rather write code in CPLEX.  But I roll up my sleeves and think through the menu for the whole week including planning for groceries.  In the end, it really is easier to plan ahead.  Delayed gratification of sorts.  You are assured that all needed ingredients are available and you just execute the plan the rest of the week.

I still consider myself a novice in the kitchen, but I'm happy to say everything has been edible so far.  A few were hits, too!  My ultimate nod of approval is when Neil eats the food.=)  Even if we repeat the same viand week to week, it's ok as long as he eats it.  Case in point: ginataang sitaw at kalabasa, which is my most repeated recipe from Kulinarya.

Ulam Galore!

Here's to more kitchen adventures!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats