Date Afternoon - Glasses and Salt

We don't have date nights, we have date afternoons (and still have to work on making it more regular).  We time it during Neil's nap so  he doesn't miss us (and we don't miss him) too much. :)

Last Saturday's date afternoon consisted of an errand, a movie and some book browsing.  I had new glasses made because because I lost mine last week.  I realized it wasn't with me Thursday evening on the way home from work because I wasn't seeing so clearly.  I thought maybe I left it at my desk so I just went straight home.  I looked for it the following day but it was nowhere to be found... It turned out to be good news after all because my eyesight has improved from 150 to 50.  How did that happen when I'm infront of the computer all the time at work?  I receive it as a gift from God. :)  They couldn't finish the glasses in time for the movie though...

We watched Salt, the Angelina Jolie movie.  This is officially our third moviehouse movie for the year (after Avatar and The Clash of the Titans).  I liked the movie, it had a lot of twists in the plot.  I just wished the fight scenes weren't too close up to better appreciate the stunts.

After the movie, we claimed my glasses then dropped by National Bookstore at Glorietta 5.  I browsed art, photography and drawing books but ended up buying a dvd-and-book set on sea creatures for Neil.  It was raining hard but when it eased up, we decided to take the cab home.  Neil was excited to see us and vv, of course!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats