Recovering Treasures

There are very few stuff I treasure in this world.  One of them is photographs.  I like taking them, editing, organizing, creating layouts , printing them and displaying them.  I don't keep a lot of other physical memento from special or even ordinary days in my life but you can bet that there will be pictures.

I was really sad that all the photo albums were damaged in the flood.  Some pictures were beyond repair but there were still a good number that could be recovered with careful cleaning, drying and cropping.  I spent a good portion of the holidays pouring through the pictures, saving what could be saved.  I especially treasure the baby/childhood pictures, family pictures, and those from special events like weddings and graduations.

Recovered from the flood

Papang and Mommy's wedding pictures and portraits

Mommy and I doing surgery on the albums

Last year, I intended to start scanning the film era pictures for backup but just around to doing a very few.  And now, it's too late for a lot of them.  There were also digital copies in the computer that were not printed out so unless the hard drive data is recovered, those are lost as well...

Anyway, focusing on the positive, there are still a lot that survived the water and mud.  Definitely a good reason to go for cloud storage which will be one of my projects this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats