New recipes tried this week

I haven't cooked much these days but here are a couple of new recipes I tried this week.=)  I look for new recipes at homecookingrocks.com.  

Chicken and baby portobello mushrooms in tomato and basil sauce.  Portobello mushrooms are expensive!  They're more pricey than the chicken in this recipe.  My version of the recipe  used dried basil because I forgot to buy fresh ones.  We (including Neil) really liked this dish.  I would have liked for the tomato flavor to seep more into the chicken.  When I repeat this dish (have to justify the price of the mushrooms!), I will try to lower the heat and let it simmer longer.


Baked fish and spinach.  I followed the measurements in the recipe but this turned out more watery than the photo in the website, maybe because I used water instead of vegetable or fish broth.  Still, it was good.  Popeye would be happy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats