Airport/Ariline Chronicles - September 2012

For the trip to Helen, GA, we chose to fly Korean Air over Delta.  It's my first time on KA and I really liked it because the departure times are not too early, total travel time is shorter, the seats are roomier and service was excellent.  Asian hospitality is still the best.=)

On the 2 flights going to the US, the seats beside mine were empty, which made the flight more comfortable.  The only drawbacks are: the TV screens are on the back of the seat in front of you and not pull-outs from your own seat so those next to you can see what you're watching (gross scenes from Prometheus on my screen while food was being served, sorry).  Also, fewer points are awarded.  I had my KA flight credited to my Delta Skymiles account since they are affiliated.  But overall, KA is really great.=)


The layover is in Korea, also a first for me.  On the way to the US, we only had 45 minutes of layover so there was no opportunity to linger and look around.  We just went through security and walked to the gate where our flight to Atlanta was already boarding.

We landed at the new Atlanta international airport.  The process is sooooo much easier this time, compared to my first arrival in 2009 with Richard and Neil.  You land, go through immigration, submit customs clearance form and step out into the baggage claim area.  No need for security screening or taking a train to claim the bags.  Taxis are right outside the airport, too.  I would even say that this is the easiest arrival experience I've had in the US.



The way home was more eventful because there are celebrities involved.  Our company's Chief Information Officer was on my Atlanta-Incheon flight and Jose de Venecia and Maroon 5 were on my Incheon-Manila flight.

In Incheon, I had over an hour to wait for boarding so I spent some time at the Korean Traditional Cultural Experience Center.  I did a 'min hwa', painting on wood.  I was also able to take a few more pictures.  The Incheon airport is really busy.





I boarded my Incheon - Manila flight and immediately noticed a heavily tattoed guy sitting on the second row in first class.  The brain clicked and it was Adam Levine!  Maroon 5 is on my flight.=)  He was literally only two rows in front but virtually unreachable once the curtains to first class was closed, haha!  Some of his crew were seated in business. 

I was out the door ahead of him so I was able to witness the commotion as he was going through immigration.
Proof!=)

The End.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats