Life Lately...

This is what life is like lately...

I get up before 7AM, even if I go to bed anywhere between 1AM and 3AM.  Yup, I can never sleep in because it's too bright and my housemates are up and about.  My sleep has suffered lately because we are rushing important tasks at work and I can't predict what time I can leave for the day.

Mornings are all about Neil getting ready for school.  Bath and breakfast needs to be done by 8AM.  Typically, Richard will drive him and yaya to school in the mornings, but on Wednesdays, I take them via taxi because Rich leaves early (number-coding).  Then I get a few hours of personal time, which is occupied by QT, chores, bath, exercise, Internet, cooking food for lunch/dinner (by 10AM) before I head out and pick Neil up at 11:30AM.

We would have lunch at home and then I take my nap before going to work at 3PM (or as soon as I can muster enough willpower to get out of bed).  I have been struggling with getting up because siesta is when I get my deep sleep, given the few hours of rest during the night.  I would be groggy going to work (not good) and attempt to get much-needed energy boost from coffee.  Then work, work, work.  I take my dinner break at home, also to catch Neil before he sleeps.  The irony is by the time I'm close to going home for the day (midnight, best case), that's when my brain is at it's peak.:S  Winding down for bed takes an hour or so... 

It's not ideal (especially the sleep pattern) but I can say that this is the best setup given the circumstances... When this busy work season is done, I look forward to getting home earlier and shifting my schedule back to a more sensible one.


Weekends are all about family.  Our Saturdays are typically unstructured.  We sleep in, stay at home, do errands together or go to the mall --- whatever we feel like doing.  Sundays always start with church, some more free/family time and then groceries in the evening.  I love weekends but I wish they were longer.=)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats