John and Yoko Cosmopolitan Japanese - Greenbelt 5


Our team had dinner at John and Yoko in Greenbelt 5 last Monday.  We were more than 25 people in the group and it was to welcome 2 new people to the team.


This is my first time eating at John and Yoko.  I pass by the place often but I just don't find the dark interiors inviting and I'm not really into contemporary fusion restaurants.  However, it was already decided so I just looked up reviews to find out what people recommend on the menu.  I read some negative feedback, including mentions of food poisoning (which also happened to a colleague).  There were positive reviews as well but I was still cautious.

My side of the table decided to order as a group.  We had the Big in Japan and There Goes My Diet.  Each order was supposed to be for 4 persons but it didn't seem like enough food, based on the pictures.


We were wrong.  The actual plates were huge!  I think they're 2x2 ft (my hand for scale).  If you want variety, I recommend this.


And because we initially thought it wasn't enough, we ordered Japaella and a sushi platter, too. :S

For drinks, I ordered the Mango Yakult which was not available, so I changed to Strawberry Yakult.  This was a winner for me because we are big Yakult drinkers at home.

Japaella - good but the rice under that topping is mostly just that - rice.


Overall, we had a good dinner experience at John and Yoko. It's actually quite popular because at one point all of the tables were occupied, even if it was a Monday.

Maybe those negative reviews were written when the restaurant was still new and had to deal with a few hiccups.  And as far as I've heard, no stomachs were hurt in this outing.=)



John and Yoko Cosmopolitan Japanese 
Greenbelt 5
Paseo de Roxas cor. Legaspi St., Ayala Center
Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Phone Number: (63 2) 729-8698

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats