S&R Shopping


Our family has a pretty regular weekend schedule.  On Sundays, we usually attend church service at 8AM.  We would always be at a loss of what to do afterwards.  It's too early for lunch and most stores are still closed.  So we usually just go back home for lunch and siesta, then head back out in the afternoon/evening for groceries.  I thought it would be best if do groceries right after church so that the rest of the day is errand-free.

S&R in Bonifacio Global City is on the way from church to the house and that makes it an ideal place to do groceries.  I long wanted to check it out.  Last Sunday, we made a spur-of-the-moment decision to get a membership and see if we can make this new schedule work.

S&R is a bulk-shopping establishment similar to Costco in the US.  In fact they had Kirkland products there so maybe they are affiliated.  I think the prices are just a little bit more expensive than in the US I suspect due to taxes, although that was just from cursory inspection.  I want to confirm this on future visits.

The thing that will strike you here as remarkable is the variety of products.  I wanted to see everything but my shoes weren't made for walking so I stuck to the necessities.  There are a lot of stuff that you can't find in other local stores.  They sell a LOT of enticing breads and pastries.  The wine selection is good, too, as with chocolates and other snacks.  They have fresh produce, too, but I did not buy most of the vegetables and meats that I needed because they were just too much.  It would take our household at least 2 weeks to consume them and I don't want to keep things in the refrigerator that long.  So we got mostly breakfast food and juices and apple pie which was very good!


Having S&R as a shopping option is great but i don't think we can make this our sole source for groceries simply because of the volume... We still need to supplement, but at least the rest can be bought in places that we would visit anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats