Year 2 @ Work

These are very busy days at work... It was my 2nd year anniversary on October 12 and I only remembered 2 days later.  Happy anniversary to me!

It is difficult to feel upbeat today because I am just tooo tired.  I've had very little sleep in the last couple of weeks and today is especially a struggle because I wasn't able to take a nap before going to work (my usual sleep catch-up time).  Neil was awake way into his normal sleeping time and it was impossible to get the sustained peace and quiet I need for a nap...

Okay, back to perspective.  These are busy days but productive days as well.  We are just rushing some codes and reports for a very important conference which will happen in a week.  After that, things should be back to normal.  And before we know it, the 4-day weekend will be upon us.  I am looking forward to that, even if the only worthwhile things I do are spend time with family and catch up on sleep.

Here are a few noteworthy stuff from work for the year:

  • We moved to another floor and I now have a window view =)
  • My team now officially reports to the Atlanta organization (previously a dotted line), no longer Manila.  Impact is mostly on administrative stuff, as we are still participating in Manila activities.
  • I now have 3 people reporting to me, 2 of them joined my team last month.  Although I started as a hesitant manager (still am), I know that this is a stepping outside my comfort zone and as such, an opportunity to learn and grow.
  • Traveled twice for team meetings/conference this year (Atlanta and San Diego).  I was able to stay at Nang Lani's on both trips and that bonus is always a blessing.
There are ups and downs, of course but after 2 years in the same, albeit expanded role, I can generalize that I am still learning, my work is appreciated, my colleagues are fun, my manager is supportive and I have flexible hours.  When I look back to my job-seeking days, I am thankful that the earlier ones did not work out because now I'm here and things are good.

Lots of stuff to be thankful for.=)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats