Book: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

I have seen this book on the bestsellers shelf at Fully Booked.  I was intrigued by it but not enough to buy it.  An officemate shared via our Google doc that she has this so I immediately asked to borrow.  Book sharing is the best.=)


Up to about 1/3 into the book, I still felt like giving up on it.  I thought some of the characters' lines were trying too hard to be smart as opposed to sounding naturally smart.  The story also unfolds rather slowly, plus it's a love story which is a genre I don't gravitate towards.  But I'm glad to have stuck with it.  The characters grew on me and this turned out to be a good read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats