Book: Relax! A Happy Business Story

This book was given to me by my mentor after the our first meeting in Atlanta in November.  We had our follow-up meeting on two weeks later and he asked if I finished reading it.  I said "No."  Then he said, "You watched movies on the flight home, didn't you?"  Guilty as charged and I admitted it.  I thought I should have given a more appropriate response but it was the truth.  And travel time was personal time anyway... After that meeting, I got around to reading the book right away. :)


First, this is a short book, around 70 pages long.  It is written as a story with fictional characters dealing with work problems and how they dealt with them with guidance from people who have overcome similar situations.  Everybody's happy in the end.

I have read a few other books in the same format so I sort of know how they go.  I am familiar with some of the concepts but I still got a few a-ha moments from this one.  I took note of a few ideas for implementation with my team.  In the end, if you can glean executable ideas from a business book then it has fulfilled its purpose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats