The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart

This book was the gift I received during our office party's exchange gift last Friday.  Although I had a few wishes listed, I was really glad to have received this one.  I first saw it at Fully Booked, children's section.  I don't discriminate and I think some of the best books were written for kids.  I scanned the first few pages, was intrigued and then filed the title in my mental list of books to read someday.


I read the book over the weekend and finished it on Monday.  I really enjoyed it.  It's a story about 4 gifted children (Reynie, Sticky, Kate and Constance) recruited by Mr. Benedict through a series of tests for a very important mission.  They were admitted to the Learning Institute for the Very Enlightened where they find themselves in precarious situations as they try to thwart the sinister plans of the founder Mr. Curtain.

There are a lot of interesting characters and plot twists in this book and as I was reading it, the movie was already playing in my head.  It would be an interesting adaptation for sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats