A Personal Miracle

Our department at work had a teambuilding in Subic 2 weeks ago.  It was fun, engaging and gave everyone ample opportunity to interact with the other teams.  Each of the three Analytics teams were tasked to prepare a presentation about their group in whatever format.  I enlisted the participation of my whole team and we decided to do a video of our weekly meeting with flashback scenes on what each person did during the week.


We recorded the clips a few days before the teambuilding.  I planned to start consolidating the clips on Tuesday night but was not able to do it so I had one evening, no allowance, to complete it for the presentation on Thursday.  I started working on Wednesday around 10PM.  I was hoping to get done by 1 or 2AM but it was close to 3AM when I was ready to hit save.  Then problems came up -- like unable to locate some clips, or corrupted files, which I tried to delete and add to the project again.  I was attempting so many different things just to be able to save my work.  I was troubleshooting for almost an hour.  Then I worried that it might not get done.  I thought about my team's effort, and the time I put in making the video which would be in vain.  And why oh why didn't I do this sooner?  I was thinking about other options then realized that there was one important thing I did not do.  Pray.  I prayed while I removed some of the clips which I thought were causing the errors.  I prayed the whole time the project was saving.  I was encouraged and hopeful when it was getting past the stages where I previously got the errors.  I prayed as the completion went to 100%.  I was sooo happy and relieved.  I reviewed the video, tried to save it again to a higher resolution but I got the errors again...  That's it.  I had one good version and it was enough.  This was a personal miracle for me.  Maybe a minor one when compared to what other people have experienced but that was my biggest challenge at that moment and God answered my prayer.  It is comforting to know that even for the things that may be insignificant in the bigger scheme of life, God cares about the things we care about.=)

I have decided to write this story (and more in the future) because I need to remember how God has blessed me and my family, in the big and maybe more so in the small things.  This is also triggered by discussions in the Friday Bible study group I attend.  Others can recall very specific experiences of provision, etc. and most of the time, I can't.  This exercise of writing things down should help.=)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats