Wrecked by Jeff Goins


Wrecked by Jeff Goins.  I downloaded this audiobook for free from noisetrade.com.  I saved it because I was nearing the end of Happiness at Home and needed a new waiting room activity.  I did not have any expectation but what I got was more than downtime entertainment.  I was inspired and moved by this book.

Wrecked is subtitled When a Broken World Slams into Your Comfortable Life.  It talks about the encounters that alter one's perspective towards more selfless living.  Jeff Goins shares his and others' stories of getting wrecked and how it changed their lives.

Some notes from the book:
We are conditioned to think that life should be comfortable and painless.  When we experience pain, we try to get past it as soon as possible, and not let the experience change us.
Fear is not the enemy, inaction is.
What if the purpose of my life is not about me?

Aside from the ideas, what made this a great listen is that it was read by the author himself.  It felt like listening to a friend tell a story in an intimate setting.

I am glad to have finally forayed into the world of audiobooks and even more pleased that I started with Wrecked.  I now count it as one of my favorites, regardless of format.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats