Life Lessons - Busyness


Do you believe that there are lessons we need to learn at specific seasons in our lives?  I do.  And I have a recent experience where almost everything I come across is telling me the same message.  People sometimes call the message sender universe but for me, it's God.

First, some background.  When Rich temporarily stopped working earlier this year, he absorbed the duties of taking Neil to his appointments.  This gave me more free time, which on many occasions, I decided to spend in the office.  I would go to work in the morning, go home for lunch, then go back in the afternoon for my regular shift.  Even with the extra time, I was still very busy and the to-do list does not seem to get smaller.  I have not been able to meet my team for 1-1s because there was always an urgent matter to take care of.  When Rich started working again, I was back to accompanying Neil and so I can only go to work during my regular shift.  Getting everything done at work became a distant hope but it was ok.  This is more important.

I read Success Intelligence and was really hit hard by the section on busyness.  That part was written for me.  I admit it was my issue and so I was open to making some changes.  Small ones but I think it's a good start.

And in many places I looked, it was the same message.  I follow several blogs and the recent ones were aligned like the post by Thammie Sy on Busyness, Leaving a Margin from Power to Change or Jim Paredes' post On Being Busy... Even my Dilbert calendar is on time management.

There is no doubt, this is my lesson for this season -- stop and smell the flowers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats