Chocolate Cake

I have not been busy in the kitchen lately because we have delegated daily cooking duties to our househelp.  She's been great at planning the weekly menu, doing the groceries and preparing the our food everyday.  We've allowed her to try new recipes as well.  Because she likes trying new things in the kitchen, I thought that it would be a good idea to start baking regularly so we can both learn together.  Eventually, I will let her have free reign on the oven.  Rich and I believe that it's important to give our househelp increasing/different responsibilities so she keeps learning and does not get bored.

Anyway, the point of this post is that we baked a cake yesterday!  It's Devil's Food Cake, pre-mix from Maya.  I wanted to start with a really easy one first, so we can test our skills.  Neil said it was yummy.=)  It was just ok for me, a bit dry.  I will research on moist chocolate cakes next.  This will be fun!

Finished product

Pre-mix for beginners!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats