Bakit Hindi Ka Crush ng Crush Mo?


Bakit Hindi Ka Crush ng Crush Mo (at iba pang technique kung paano maka-move on sa wasak na puso) by Ramon Bautista.  I borrowed this book from an officemate because I needed a break from the general seriousness of my recent book choices.  I wanted a short and light book for the waiting rooms I find myself in.  And I am a closet Ramon Bautista fan.  I like his brand of humor - witty, sarcastic and apt for these times.  He just gets it.  He has a big online following, being a self-proclaimed Internet action star.=)  I follow him for my regular dose of funny.

Ramon Bautista teaches in UP and doing that for a job entails a level of seriousness and responsibility that is quite the opposite of his showbiz character.  You know that there is more to the him than the apparent shallowness that he portrays in public.

From an online article: It turns out that he’s also a filmmaker, producer, and a UP film professor. Comedy is only a supplement to his life in spite of the fame it’s given him. 

Ramon didn’t read comics as a child. He read Time and Newsweek because this was what his parents mostly had at home. Growing up, he and his friend and fellow filmmaker RA Rivera’s ‘closet interests’ involved world trade, food security, and other big issues.

“Hindi talaga kami gago," he explains in jest. “Nerd society barkada ako. Di naman ako tatalinong ganito kung hindi ako nag-‘nerdo-nerdo’ eh." 

Astig! (Sabi ng batang 80s).

This book is just a compilation of Q&As from the author's formspring account.  People ask him about everything, but mostly on love life and the lack thereof.  His answers are funny but they are really good advice and words of wisdom in disguise.

Basa na!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats