I Want... Acoustic Guitar

I want an acoustic guitar!

When I was in college, I bought a guitar because I wanted to learn to play a musical instrument.  I went to SM North and bought an acoustic guitar at Lyric, all by myself.  I did not know what details to look for.  I just got something that wasn't too expensive and sounded good according to my amateur ears.

I downloaded tabs, learned to read chords, bought song hits (may song hits pa ba?) and practiced during my breaks from studying.  The very first song I learned to play was 'As I Lay Me Down' by Sophie B. Hawkins.  The chords and strumming were simple enough for a beginner.

The guitar moved with me to Cavite when I started working and then to Makati when I took the job in IHG.  It eventually quit on me in 2010.

RIP, Gitara

During my birthday, I was thinking about what I really wanted to get for myself.  I couldn't think of anything...  Then I thought, a new guitar would be nice.  I pass by the Yupangco building on the way to Neil's school and they have musical instruments on display.  I just look.  For now.  Not in a hurry.  I am researching and will also ask experienced friends for their opinions.  I feel that this next guitar needs to be chosen more carefully because I will use it for a very long time.


Comments

  1. Hi Dee,

    2 weeks ago, I started playing the guitar again after sooo many years. It was my stepson's guitar when he was 11 so 'twas not a full sized one, but good enough for the occasional strumming.

    Enjoy the hunt for the new one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss ko na rin mag-strum. Soon! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats