Exercise and Accountability

I have exercised 2x per week consistently in the last 4 weeks.  Yey!!! =)

This is the longest time that I've stuck to a regular exercise schedule.  I intended to do this so many times in the past but was unable to persist for longer than a week.  The difference this time? I got myself an accountability partner.

Four weeks ago, I asked Nang Lani* to check on me every Monday and Wednesday and ask if I exercised.  That has really helped.  I know I would feel really bad (like failing at something) if I reported a 'No' and so I forced myself to move.  Some occasions were easier than others with regards to motivation but all days have ended with rewards of sweat and good energy.  I see the light now.  I believe it's really possible for me to stick to an exercise schedule.  Also, scheduling actual days to do it has helped.  Setting aside Monday and Wednesday is better than planning for 2x per week.  If the days are movable, it also becomes easier to move it indefinitely, speaking from experience.

Although our condo has a gym, I don't really like going there especially without Rich so I opted to follow exercise videos at home.  I've done zumba, 7-minute workout, beginner yoga, and a very intense cardio program by Jillian Michaels.  I also stair-climbed 24 floors, up then down.  Variation works for me.

Am I seeing results? Not yet.  I also did not weigh myself when I started so I have no baseline but just knowing that I am moving at least twice a week already makes me feel good.  Consistency is the key.

My accountability partner. Las Vegas, 2012.

*My Nang Lani has been on sugar-free diet since 2011.  With that and regular exercise, she has lost 25lbs and continues to make steady progress.  You inspire me, Lan!=)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats