Four Phones

I have a regular meeting with my team every Monday and depending on the host, we would have one-liners just for fun.  Last Monday's question was a choice between "What's your greatest regret?" and "What's the best thing that somebody has done for you?"  I have problems with superlatives.  It pressures me to think back through my whole life and really pick the greatest/best.=)  But that was impossible given the time and state of my memory.  I rephrased the question to "What is one thing you regret?" and "What good thing has somebody done for you recently?"

I answered the regret question.  I did not have a ready one for the second question then but I did realize that somebody did something nice for me recently.  And here is where the story about the 4 phones comes in.

We're late adopters.  You can judge, it's ok.=)

Rich has been using this red Nokia phone for years.  I got the Blackberry (work phone) in 2011.  The Sony phone was bought in May because Kuya A needed a temporary phone while on vacation from the US.  I inherited the Sony and have been using it as my personal phone since he left.  

Last Sunday, Rich asked that we check out new Samsung phones.  He said he wanted to buy a new one, which was fine with me because he was really due for a replacement.  We checked the models, considered the features and price and decided to get the Samsung S Duos.

What I did not expect was he offered that I use the new one and he would use the Sony instead.  I took the offer.;)  Screen resolution is light years ahead of what I've been using and the camera takes great pictures, which was my frustration with the old units.  Rich thought I would appreciate it and would take advantage of the features more than he would, which is true, but he's also generous like that.  

And that's something nice that somebody did for me recently. =)  Thank you, Rich!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats