Lunch at Sunshine Kitchen

Our family had lunch at Sunshine Kitchen yesterday.  I first heard about this place from Patty Laurel's blog and I made a mental note to check it out in the future.  Then sometime in May they had a 50% off Groupon deal, which was just perfect.  I was soooo glad I checked the expiration date of my vouchers last Friday because this one almost expired (August 6).

We were there at 11AM and most, if not all, of the tables already reserved.  Make sure you call for reservations before coming here.  The place is quite small and getting popular so you might get turned away, like some customers last Sunday.


Our voucher was good for 6 people but there were only 4 of us, including yaya and Neil, who don't eat much.  Naturally, most of the food became dinner fare at home.

Appetizer was shrimp + squid + pesto.  Forgot the official name.

Southern style fried chicken, primarily for Neil because his favorite is anything "rice and chicken."

Famous 6-hr Slow Roast Porchetta. So good, especially the fat.=)  These were perfect with the custom-made sawsawan.

Sunshine pizza. The waiter recommended Diablo but we went with this which was also good.

Key lime ice cream for dessert.  Sarap!

We enjoyed everything!  Food tasted great and Rich thankfully agreed as well.  I am the one usually checking out these deals and he is typically suspicious (baka di daw masarap) so I feel personally responsible that the food be good.  This is also why I don't just buy vouchers unless I've read favorable reviews from my trusted blogs.=)  The prices were reasonable, too.  We used the 50% off voucher but even if we paid full price, it's still worth it.

Happy tummies

Sunshine Kitchen
2nd Floor Fort Pointe Bldg 1, The Fort Strip
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
09288212625

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats