Art Fair Philippines 2014

I first heard about Art Fair Philippines from a BPI notification.  This is the 2nd year of the Art Fair and it's staged at The Link in Makati.  The 6th-7th floor parking areas were converted to galleries from February 20-23.

This was proof that the art scene is alive and well in the Philippines.  I went there on the last day and there was a good crowd present.  I enjoyed checking out the galleries.  My favorites were the metal sculptures.  Michael Cacnio is probably the most popular artist for this medium but there were beautiful pieces from other artists I just got introduced to that day, like Ferdinand Cacnio and Daniel dela Cruz.

Appreciating art is one of my favorite activities.  I follow many artists and creative people on Instagram and when there's an opportunity, check out museums as well.  To be around objects created for the sake of beauty or expression does something for the soul.  I'm glad to have experienced it again even for just 2 hours on a Sunday afternoon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats