School Field Trip Part 1 - Tatak Pinoy, MathSci Adventure, Crocodile Park

Neil and I went on a field trip last Wednesday.

Well, it was really his school's field trip and I was the designated chaperon.  It's his first time to go on one and I volunteered to chaperone so I can experience it with him.  I also consider myself the most qualified because I am the most trigger-happy with the camera in our house.;)  I recall the time Rich took Neil to Enchanted Kingdom (I was out of the country) and there wasn't any pictures! Not even one! Waah!

We were up early, even if I had less than 5 hours of interrupted sleep.  This kid was excited.

An orientation with Teacher Chris.

Then we were on the bus.

Our first destination was the Boom na Boom grounds in Pasay for Tatak Pinoy, Crocodile Museum and MathSci Adventure.  We had a late lunch at Blue Wave, then proceeded to Bahay Tsinoy in Intramuros

TATAK PINOY
Links: Facebook and Website


They were filmed on green screen and the movie was shown immediately after.


MATHSCI ADVENTURE
Link: Website

CROCODILE PARK
Link: Facebook




What I can say out of these attractions is that the intent is really good, but execution could have been better.  Most of the rooms in Tatak Pinoy and MathSci Adventure had walls made of tarp, displays were made of tarp.  I think everywhere tarp would do the job, it was used.=(  There was a room with pictures of Filipino costumes on tarp.  I think it's not too hard to have the actual costumes on mannequins, no?  Most of the video presentations had awful resolution (ask private companies to sponsor?) and in the section of Tatak Pinoy where they asked for audience participation, the music played was by foreign artists.  Parang basta-basta lang. Sayang... But guess what, the kids were all willing participants and seemed to enjoy themselves.  Even the older ones.  I just wish it could have been a better experience for them.

Crocodile park was a lot more engaging because there was a bird show, crocodile feeding and a tightrope walker doing his thing with hungry crocodiles waiting below. Buwis buhay!

After lunch at Blue Wave, we were off to Bahay Tsinoy in Intramuros (separate post).  I'm glad we ended the day on a high note.=)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats