The Original Crafter

One of my favorite blogs is A Beautiful Mess by sisters Elsie Larson and Emma Chapman. The blog covers a lot of my favorite subjects - travel, food, design, photography, crafts and books. I am constantly inspired by their creativity.

They feature a lot of crafts/DIY projects. Then I realized that the very first person who exposed me to crafts is my own Mommy. She made most of our clothes when we were young, and our house showcased her creations - macrame plant hangers and belts, crocheted or smocked throw pillows, table covers, coasters, bags, cross-stitch projects, etc. So that's where my interest started, and is now fueled by the creative people of the Internet. I hope I would be able to transition from simply appreciating the blogs to making things with my own hands soon.

I looked through by files and found samples of Mommy's works.

Throw pillows

The 'Merry Christmas' banner on the top left are cross-stitched letters.

Smocked throw pillows and curtains!

More curtains.

She also made the wedding dresses of her three married daughters.=)

Mommy in her element.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats