Pakyaw! First Deal

Pakyaw is one of the many group deal sites that have suddenly taken Manila (and wallets!) by storm.  I've registered and FB-liked most of the them but the first deal I ever bought was from Pakyaw.  It's the Corregidor tour at 50% off for 4 people.  I had planned to go with the parents during their Manila visit in April and here was a perfect opportunity to save money on the tickets.

It wasn't a hassle-free transaction though.  I paid using my credit card and then the site gave me an error.  The amount was charged to my credit card but I did not get the vouchers.  The deal was already closing so I had to re-transact, as advised by the Pakyaw staff.  It took several phone calls and emails to Pakyaw and BPI but I am happy to report that the amount has been credited back.  In fairness to Pakyaw, they were generally responsive and called me back several times.  They could do better wrt to issue tracking because I seemed to be providing the same information to different people repeatedly.

But because I got my money back and they addressed my issue within a reasonable amount of time, I still rate them highly and will definitely buy from them again.

Good job, Pakyaw!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats