Atlanta May2010: Workstuff

Back-blogging last year's trip to the US.

I ALSO(!) did some work while in Atlanta.=)

I reported at the Atlanta office The primary purpose for the business trip was to attend the Sales and Marketing All-Team Meeting May 10-13, 2010.  It was set up like a conference with large sessions, breakout sessions, awards night, nightly socials, etc.  I was really impressed by the whole program.  It was a grand production, no detail was overlooked. Everything was planned and organized perfectly.  It was, without a doubt, THE best conference/meeting I've attended.

It was engaging and informative, which was important for me because I was new in the company and the hotel industry.  It was also very good opportunity to meet people and learn about different aspects of the business.

The pictures below were from the Reception night.  The theme for the meeting was Carpe Diem/Seize the Day.


Author Robert Holden spoke during one of the large sessions about happiness. He's funny.  I know why I don't even have a snapshot of him, I was too engrossed in his talk.=)

We had an opportunity to sit with the Atlanta Philharmonic Orchestra while the conductor/speaker Roger Nierenberg explained concepts of teamwork, with live demonstration of the orchestra playing.  Sooo coool!


We also had a breakout activity downtown, 'Dialog in the Dark' where you are given a cane and slowly eased into total darkness.  It was the darkest place I've ever been, no hint of light at all.  As a group, you will then navigate the simulated environments with the aid of a blind person.  They have setups of a grocery store, a kitchen, a boat, etc.  It gives sighted people an experience of how it's like to be blind. It was an 'eye-opening' experience.

The last main event was the awards night, where my manager, was one of the top 3 awardees.  Lower left photo is the Modeling and Analytics team.


I stayed another week after the conference to meet with colleagues and the directors from Revenue Management.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats